**This position qualifies for a Relocation Incentive**
The Manager, Acute Care Services is responsible for ensuring safe, efficient and effective delivery of care services within the following areas: Emergency Department; Medical/Surgical/Perinatal Care Unit; Operating Room/PAR; Day Care Surgery; Community Oncology Clinic; and Ambulatory Services. The Manager provides leadership in the planning, operational management, delivery and evaluation of acute care services, in alignment with Northern Healthâ€™s philosophy, goals, objectives and strategic plan. This includes ensuring safety, quality and efficiency in health services operations planning and delivery, in accordance with all aspects of Required Organizational Practices and informed by current research. Qualifications Education and Experience
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Nursing (Masterâ€™s degree preferred) in a relevant health care/business management discipline;
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience including acute care nursing/operations and a minimum of three (3) years in
progressive management/leadership roles;
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM), or appropriate
relevant healthcare professional College;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience of the operations of Acute Medical Surgical, Emergency, and Perioperative services.
- Understanding of the role of community services, including preventative health, primary health care, and mental health
and substance use services.
- Knowledge of issues affecting determinants of health.
- Understanding of issues affecting rural health care and service planning and delivery.
- Ability to manage human, financial and material resources efficiently and accountably.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and deliver work to deadlines within budget.
- Ability to balance multiple activities and projects concurrently, execute implementation, and deliver desired results.
View Kitimat Community