Permanent Primary Location:
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
Our clients need to know where they stand today. More than just a history or forecast of their finances, our clients need comprehensive solutions to complex challenges. You'll develop a deep understanding of specific business sectors so you can anticipate issues that will affect your clients. The result? Value-added service that ensures your clients can meet challenges and take advantage of opportunities.
As Manager on the Saskatoon team you will:
• Manage compilation, review engagements (ASPE) and related tax preparation
• Conduct pre-engagement work and planning
• Be responsible for timely completion of work including ensuring deadlines are met
• Review files for compilation, review engagements (ASPE) and related tax returns
• Review financial statements prepared under ASPE with complete note disclosure
• Review T4/T5 and other tax compliance reporting/slips as required
• Identify and solve technical issues
• Identify potential tax planning strategies
• Respond to client queries
• Conduct training related to your area of expertise
• Coach staff members, conduct performance evaluations
• Complete other related duties, as required
Your role as a manager at Deloitte:
• Embrace and live the firm's purpose - to make an impact that matters - by pushing yourself and your team to identify solutions to challenges that are most important for our clients, people, and society
• Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and driving high performance from people, while also fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships
• Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, and align people to them to set appropriate priorities and direction
External Posting Qualifications
• 4-5 years of relevant experience ideally in public accounting
• Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and tax compliance
• Advanced accounting skills
• Quick learning capacity
• Detail oriented individual comfortable working within tight deadlines
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Professional manner and exemplary team work skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in French & /or Spanish is considered an assetWhy Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019