Kimco Controls Ltd is seeking an experienced Management Accountant to join the Kelowna-based team on a full-time basis. With over 60 employees and celebrating over 35 years in business, Kimco has an exceptional team that utilizes best practices to ensure their company’s customers receive exceptional service and care. As a company specializing in HVAC, Automation, and Electrical construction & service, we deliver integrity and professionalism, with the goal of significantly growing the business. To ensure success as a management accountant, you should exhibit extensive knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting and experience in a similar environment. An outstanding management accountant will be someone who possesses financial accounting and business management expertise.
Reporting to the Directors, the Managerial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Overseeing full cycle bookkeeping including bank reconciliations and journal entries.
- Gathering and interpreting information to evaluate the efficiency of financial procedures.
- Analyzing key financial data and advising senior management on strategic planning.
- Developing and implementing cost-effective financial policies and procedures, as well as mitigating financial risks.
- Preparing financial reports and budgets, as well as controlling and forecasting income and expenditure.
- Overseeing accounting procedures and supervising junior financial department staff.
- Monitoring auditing and taxation practices, as well as evaluating benefits and compensation packages.
- Ensuring that financial management policies and procedures adhere to regulatory standards.
- Performing financial recordkeeping, as well as protecting sensitive and confidential information.
- Keeping informed of regulatory requirements and best practices in management accounting
- Overseeing A/P and A/R, including data entry:
- Managing and communicating with vendors and making payments
- Invoicing and accounts receivable collection
- Inter-company billings and invoicing
- Construction bookkeeping (compliance, WCB, insurance, purchase orders, contracts, holdbacks, job costing).
- Preparing timely management month-end and year-end reports as directed.
- Ensuring established finance workflows are being followed consistently.
- Supporting other day-to-day accounting and administration requirements.
As an ideal candidate, you have:
- A bookkeeping certificate and/or a minimum of 5 years of recent related experience and/or working toward a CGA / CPA.
- Prior experience working in the construction industry would be a definite asset.
- Strong computer literacy, including excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience with QuickBooks Accounting Software is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
- A keen interest in working in a team-based environment and contributing to the team in a positive way.
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality and integrity.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Well organized with strong attention to detail, accuracy, and analytical thinking.
- The ability to thrive in a team-based environment, although you are self-motivated and able to function autonomously.
This is a full-time position, with an excellent total compensation package and work schedule.
Accounting Management and Executive