Express Employment is now recruiting for a Maintenance Team Leader with an innovative and fast growing organic waste treatment company. Our client is seeking a dynamic, ambitious individual to join their Surrey Biofuels team.
Overall purpose of the role
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Maintenance Team Leader will be responsible for efficiently managing the preventive and reactive maintenance throughout the plant. A key part of the role will be to also ensure health & safety and environmental compliance, and contribute to continuous improvement in productivity and plant availability. Controlling cost of contractor use and efficient scheduling will also be the responsibility of the Maintenance Team Leader. It is envisioned this position will be 50% office based and 50% in-plant assisting technicians with PM and repairs.
• Provide high operational availability and an efficient breakdown repair service by your team. Management of maintenance technicians (2) ensuring effective repairs and improvements are conducted within minimum time scale.
• Carry out installation work to the required standards.
• Ensure productivity and availability exceeds minimum defined standards, while driving best practice and continuous improvement in cost control and processing operations.
• To liaise with external contractors on specific repairs/maintenance work.
• Keep track of changes to health & safety and environmental legislation and company policies standards and ensure all technicians are aware of any changes that may affect them.
• Complete and close out actions identified through internal and external audits.
• Ensure site purchasers use approved suppliers, obtain sufficient quotes for one off purchases, ensure that company procedures on procurement are followed.
• Identify relevant skills and training requirements for staff, prepare local operating procedures and risk assessments as part of staff training and development.
• Manage the induction and training of staff, ensure that key messages are understood and followed.
• Evaluate staff performance, identify additional training needs
• Report all safety or environmental issues to Management, and where appropriate, to internal support services staff. Prepare corrective action plans if required, complete identified actions.
• Attend Safety, Health and Environment monthly site inspections.
Experience, Education & Qualifications
• Ideally 5+ years’ experience of managing personnel and maintenance within a process plant
• Degree or like certificate(s) in electrical or mechanical engineering
• Experience managing a planned preventative maintenance department through a CMMS program
• Safety Certificate and Class 5 driving licence
Please send resume along with salary expectations we thank all candidates for applying but only those who are qualified will be contacted.
About Express Employment Professionals
As a full-service staffing company, Express Services Inc. provides cost-effective solutions to assist client companies with their staffing needs, helping their business meet its bottom-line objecti...