The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Supervisor will be to organize and coordinate the maintenance personnel and activities to ensure equipment is operating efficiently and effectively.
JOB DUTIES MILLRIGHT
- The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Supervisor will be to organize and coordinate the maintenance personnel and activities to ensure equipment is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Executes effective preventive maintenance programs to deliver maximum production time.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and coaches maintenance technicians.
- Manages maintenance technicians’ work schedules and distributes work orders to technicians to assure there is adequate and proper support for production.
- Develops relevant training programs for technicians.
- Assists in planning and managing the maintenance budget.
- Cost Analysis on equipment maintenance and assess potential equipment upgrades.
- Complies and adheres to SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices.
- Establishes and implements employee’s training needs to ensure their employees have the required competencies to perform their tasks.
- Trouble shoots and repairs equipment in breakdown situations to ensure production efficiencies are achieved;
- Provides training to plant staff as required;
- Works with other trades groups to complete project assignments;
- Works with vendors as required;
- Coordinates electrical installations;
- Keeping of proper HACCP documents, Sanitary and Preventative maintenance documents as required;
- Certified Journeyman / Millwright is desired
- Excellent mechanical / electrical skills and ability to carry out general plant/ equipment maintenance
- Boiler Certification
- Food industry experience (5+ years)
- PLC training and experience would be an asset
- Demonstrate excellent trouble shooting skills and analytical skills
- A high level of self-motivation and initiative
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Adapts well to change of priorities and can multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Proficient communication skills
- Proven proficiency and dependability in current position with a good safety record
- Able to work in confined spaces
We thank all candidates for their application however only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted due to the high volume of applications.
Maintenance and Technicians