Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
The Maintenance Supervisor/Planner is a key member of the Maintenance Team and as such, is responsible for the supervision of maintenance crews and to ensure work is performed without undue risk. The focus will be on coaching/developing employees to achieve cost effective results in accordance with safety procedures, as well as constructively directing them to optimize their performance. A key part of this role will be to plan out the daily, weekly and monthly maintenance work functions.
- Provide direction and support to reports and foster a highly effective working relationship with all employees
- Assist in developing and achieving targets in safety, quality, cost, and delivery and employee engagement
- Supervise and provide leadership in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee engagement
- Ensure the Canfor Operating System (COS) is being followed with the emphasis on abnormality response
- Ensure the preventative maintenance program is developed and followed and that cost targets are within budget.
- Coordinate the planned work of crews to ensure both maintenance and production targets are met and quality standards are adhered to
- Maintain high standards of work performance and correct behaviour as required
- Plan and implement daily and weekly preventative maintenance work lists and duties
- Plan and implement project work lists and duties
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
- A strong commitment to safety
- Proven experience as a Supervisor in industry
- Background in industry and substantial maintenance experience
- Proven leadership skills coupled with ability to effectively manage people in a team environment
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge of a electronic based maintenance program would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills with the desire to accept the challenge of working in continually changing internal and external business conditions
- An interprovincial trade qualification would be considered an asset
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!