Acciona Facilities Services are recruiting for a Maintenance Manager.
Acciona Facilities Services supports organizations in BC with their housekeeping, custodial and linen service needs. Our teams works hard to maintain a healthy, safe and clean environment. Acciona Facilities Services takes pride in ensuring a respectful and friendly work environment.
We are now expanding our services to include Hard Facility Maintenance and therefore we are looking for an experienced maintenance manager who would thrive in this start up HFM environment. In this role, you report directly to the General Manager and your main responsibility is to oversee the maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment.
Current SFM sites are located at Royal Jubilee Hospital, BC Transit, Island Health Community Clinics, Victoria International Airport and several Food Production Facilities on the lower mainland. Acciona Facilities Services is part of a well-established global organization with projects and services in 40 countries. www.Acciona.com
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Can self-perform carpentry maintenance. Performs plumbing and light electrical maintenance. Conducts mechanical maintenance on equipment such as HVAC Systems, kitchen/laundry equipment.
- Selects and manages sub-trades/subcontractor performance
- Able to assist with business development activities: find customers, design maintenance program, carry out maintenance program, including quality assurance activities.
- Maintains and logs performance of fire safety and evacuation drills and audits, as well as the preventative maintenance program.
- Maintains personal professional development through in-services and staff meetings and necessary programs required to maintain any tickets obtained.
- Recruit, train, and manage labor force.
Qualifications and skills:
- At least 3 years post-secondary training in construction, maintenance or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in general building maintenance.
- Knowledge of fire systems, water pumps, combustion, hydrants and smoke sensors.
- Knowledge in generator systems, and power backup.
- Can think on your feet, and come up with innovative solutions to minimize equipment downtime. Possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and maintenance software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and you can effectively interact with the various individuals and stakeholder groups.
- Are in good health, physically able to perform the duties of the position.
- Have proven time management abilities and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communications skills and written skills.
Acciona Facilities Services offers:
- Competitive wage
- Bonus program
- Extended health benefits including dental and vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Subsidized Pro-Pass
- Paid training and development programs
- Flexible work hours
Maintenance and Technicians