As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.Are you a self-starter with strong organization and communication skills? Join a supportive team that ensures hospital staff have what they need to provide "excellence in health care".What you'll do
What you bring
- Collect, process, and deliver inter-hospital records and parcels.
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Deliver lab specimens from wards to Laboratory.
- Provide customer support and help address envelopes, locate mail, and answer general questions.
You also can
- Successful completion of Grade 12.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience with mail sorting, processing and distributing.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Work well with others.
- Organize your work.
What we bring
- Living withing half an hour (North Van, Vancouver, West Van, Burnaby, Richmond, and Squamish) from Lions Gate Hospital is an asset.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Casual (Casual is defined as on call with no guaranteed hours. Shifts can be called out via short call (1-5 hours of notice) or pre-booked). Location:
Lions Gate Hospital, North Vancouver Wage:
$20.97 +12.6% straight time pay in lieu Hours of work:
0900-1330 Closing date:
Open until filled Reference number
:114518What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.