As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Accounts Payable Mail Clerk provides a variety of office support duties. These clerical duties include processing and delivering mail, manual and electronic filing, sorting and distributing cheques.What you'll do
1. Receives, records, sorts, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, internal correspondence and other related documents. Affixes postage to outgoing mail using the postage machine.
2. Operates office equipment such as postage machines, photocopiers, fax machines and scanners including carrying out minor maintenance by performing tasks such as clearing paper paths, checking and reloading paper trays and changing toner cartridges.
3. Sorts and distributes cheques for suppliers.
4. Manual and electronic filing. Scans daily Accounts Payable batches and reviews for quality assurance. Advises Supervisor of any discrepancies.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.What you bring
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 12 and one year's recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $21.37 / hour
Location: 1795 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby
Closing date: Open until filled
Hours of Work: 7:30 - 15:30
Requisition # 114388EWhat we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.