Position Opportunity - Plastic Injection Molding Machine Operator
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Langley, British Columbia, Primex Manufacturing Ltd. (Primex) is a molder of plastic injection products. From its roots as a small custom injection molder and through the combination of Primex’s predecessor companies, Vanguard Plastics, Premo Plastics and VPL Enterprises Ltd., Primex has developed broad capabilities in the design, engineering and mold fabrication of a number of proprietary, patented in-house plastic products.
Primex is searching for a Plastic Injection Molding Machine Operator to work in our Plastic Inject Molding Manufacturing Plant. This role requires shift work on the GRAVEYARD Shift (10:30pm- 7am).
This role pays $14.21 per hour to start. After 3 month probationary period this position increases to $14.50 per hour. Graveyard shift is 10:30pm to 7am.
All new hires complete 2 weeks of orientation and training on Day shift to start. Day shift is 6:30am - 3pm.
Quality of Work:
- Listen and follow the direction of the floor supervisors and plant manager.
- Learn and familiarize yourself with where necessary packaging products are kept, for example, boxes, bags, etc; always ensuring to use accurate packaging pertaining to each product.
- Do not change or move around any part of the assigned workstation, as they are set-up, regardless of whether it is at a machine or in an assembly areas.
- Read carefully and understand applicable quality control documents at assigned workstations for product you are responsible for.
- Sign in and check off on applicable quality control documents after performing necessary quality check tasks.
- While handling product during various stages; packaging, sorting, clipping weighing, etc; reject any piece that is not of set quality standards.
- Ensure all product packaged at every stage is of utmost quality, with the final stage being of the utmost importance.
Quantity of Work:
- Promptly report to assigned workstations.
- Promptly report to floor supervisor when the machine you are assigned to is down.
- Frequently do grinder checks to ensure proper granulating function.
- During grinder checks, always ensure you grind in appropriate designated grinder and if a mistake occurs, shut the grinder off and report the incident immediately to your supervisor.
- Good reading and writing skills essential.
- Good communication skills essential.
- Previous production line experience, (not necessarily in injection molding) an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posted: July 12, 2018
Closes: September 10, 2018