Are you interested to completely disrupt and redefine the way customers buy Beauty products online? Are you interested in using the latest advances in machine learning, computer vision, and augmented reality to build online customer experiences for Beauty products that equal or even surpass in-store experience?
We are looking for talented and innovation-driven engineers with background in AI related technologies. You will have an opportunity to revolutionize the customer shopping experience across the world's most extensive catalog of beauty products. You will be directly responsible for designing and developing innovative software in this domain. You will collaborate with product managers, UX designers, applied scientists, and the broader Amazon tech community to build software solutions that enhance the beauty shopping experience across all surfaces, including desktop, mobile devices, and other Amazon devices.
About the team
The Amazon Beauty Tech is a brand-new team that is rapidly expanding. We are a small group of engineers, product managers, and designers who drive technological innovation to improve customer experiences. We have a startup-like work culture where innovation is encouraged; we are never afraid to propose grand ideas for the fear of failing!
To achieve our grand vision, we think big and tackle technological challenges every day. We need builders and disruptors who are passionate and willing to learn and lead innovation. Our architecture and development processes support rapid experimentation, global deployments, and self-service capabilities that allow us to scale better.
• Amazon scale systems: All our technology needs to work at Amazon scale, serving millions of customers with millisecond-level latency.
• Facial recognition and augmented reality (AR) experiences: We bring exciting experiences directly to the customer's mobile phone using their cameras and combinations of facial recognition and AR.
• Personalization using machine learning: We will be working with machine learning (ML) technologies such as data classification and reinforced learning models to provide better-personalized shopping experiences.
• Exciting customer experiences: We will create beautiful and dynamic customer experiences that require deep knowledge of relevant UI technologies and user-centric design patterns.
• Data & analytics tools: Amazon is data-driven, and a robust data backbone is necessary for our systems. We build on core AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, etc.
• Multi-device support: We build for all traditional surfaces - desktop browsers, mobile browsers, and mobile applications.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related topics.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related topics.
• Knowledge of, and experiencing with, machine learning algorithms, deep learning, and computer vision.
• Familiarity with at least 1-2 popular AI/ML frameworks and tools - TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet, scikit-learn, OpenCV, ARCore, and ARKit.
• Experience building high performance full-stack web applications and ML based services.
• Familiarity with AWS services such as EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, AWS Lambda, and Amazon SageMaker.
• 5+ years industry professional experience developing complex technology projects.
• Experience influencing and driving software engineering best practices within your team.
• Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and collaborating across multiple teams.
• Experience internationalizing software in Asia pacific region including Japan
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming