MAC OP 15R - Municipal Utility Operator
Machine Operator R15
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA (Primary)
$53,673.52 - $60,707.45 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Municipal Affairs
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Municipal Utility Operator
Machine Operator R15
Amendment (Nov 23): The salary and the job grid havebeen amended to reflect the 19th BCGEU Main Agreement.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary and permanent opportunities.
On November 1, 2021, the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The University Endowment Lands (UEL) is an unincorporated area located between the City of Vancouver and the University of British Columbia, with a population of approximately 4,000 residents.The UEL administration office functions in a manner similar to a municipal office within a city or any other incorporated area within the province and provides a similar range of services.
Under the supervision of the Public Works Foreman, the Utility Operator has responsibility and accountability for the UEL municipal water distribution system and sewer systems. In this role you will also be responsible for public works support, including both grounds and municipal general maintenance.The Utility Operator must be certified under the Drinking Water Protection Act and Regulations in order to ensure standards for safety and diligence are met with respect to the water distribution system in the UEL.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact William.Emo@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Valid Water Distribution Level I Operator Certificate issued by the Environmental Operators Certification Program or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment. Valid Water Distribution Level II and Wastewater Collection Level I are preferable.
- Minimum of two years' experience as a Utility operator or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years' experience in municipal maintenance.
- Valid BC Class 5 driver's licence or equivalent.
Preference may be given to:
- Applicants who have experience in the operation and maintenance of single rear axle gravel trucks and tractors equipped with backhoe attachments.
- Applicants who have completed a recognized training program in the operation of single and tandem trucks and rubber-tired loader or backhoe.
- Applicants with a valid BC Class 3 driver's licence, with air brake certification-operating endorsement.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Must work outdoors with frequent exposure to the elements and traffic.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise considerable judgement of responsibilities.
- Must be available for standby or call-out evenings and weekends and live within a thirty (30) minute automobile travel distance of the UEL.
- Regularly lift over 40 pounds and work in awkward positions.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (STANDARD): YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Trades and Operational
Construction, Mining and Trades