MAC OP 12R - Machine Operator
Machine Operator R11
Mesachie Lake, BC V0R 2N0 CA (Primary)
$49,464.27 - $55,838.67 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Forest Improvement & Research Management Branch / OCF
Job Summary Machine Operator
Machine Operator R12
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and temporary opportunities.
On November 1, 2021, the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
Mesachie Lake is a jewel in the Cowichan Valley on stunning Vancouver Island, BC with the Research Station right on the shores of Cowichan Lake. The Research Station is an easy commute to the Cowichan Valley where the one of the hardest decisions you will have to make is what to enjoy. Year-round outdoor activities await: run, jog, hike or bike nearby mountain trails, camp, fish, and be amazed by the wildlife. Take in a tour [and a sample or two, of course] of the local wineries and microbreweries in the area.Boast to your Eastern friends and relatives as you golf year-round, beachcomb for treasures and even mow the lawn in March. Best of all, the friendly small town local culture and amazing forest history are yours to discover at a leisurely pace.
This position operates and maintains a variety of light to heavy-duty machinery and equipment and carries out routine site and building maintenance functions to further the research supporting tree breeding and genetic conservation for coastal BC.
This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Keith.Thomas@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE
: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Demonstrated experience operating and maintaining farm or agricultural tractors (up to 90hp) and equipment including servicing of gas and diesel engines.
- Valid BC Class 5, 7N, or equivalent Driver's Licence (Class 7L is not considered equivalent).
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Experience with building maintenance, irrigation systems , fabrication, electrical and/or welding.
- Demonstrated experience with purchasing, obtaining quotes, and/or contract management.
- Demonstrated experience in forestry, agriculture, tree improvement or allied horticulture.
- Work experience in nursery propagation.
- Class 3 Drivers Licence with airbrake ticket.
- Occupational First Aid Level 1.
- Workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS) training.
- Valid pesticide applicators certificate.
- Experience/training with MS Office Suite products (MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel)
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Perform the required physically demanding field work which includes carrying heavy equipment (e.g. 20kg planting box) and supplies in difficult terrain.
- Be available to work irregular hours and overtime.
- Wear appropriate safety gear as required.
- Obtain pesticide applicators certificate.
- Be potentially exposed to hazardous materials or compounds such as bleach, fertilizers, pesticides, solvents, and fuels.
- Work at heights using lifts and ladders.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Obtain workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS) training.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT
: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Trades and Operational
Construction, Mining and Trades