Permanent Reference code
:101384 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Kitchener, ON; Montreal, QC; Vancouver, BC Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Develop your industry knowledge and technical and other abilities rapidly so that you become famous for what you do and require minimum manager supervision;
- Work on client engagement teams executing VCS advisory services, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for turnarounds and/or M&A transactions;
- Conduct detailed research and analysis of client, industry and market performance and develop practical strategies and action plans, including the supporting financial analysis, models and implementation plans
Deloitte's Value Creation Services (VCS) team offers its clients cross-functional advisory services when deadlines are often urgent. We help solve our client's most complex business and performance challenges, whether they be in thriving or distressed business transformation situations, or the cut-and-thrust environment of M&A. What will your typical day look like?
In this role, the ODD team works with clients across all industry sectors primarily during the pre-deal diligence stage within the M&A deal lifecycle, providing services including: operational due-diligence; synergy case development and reviews; stand-alone / carve-out costs analysis; performance improvement / cost reduction assessments,; and the planning of integration or separation programs.
This is your opportunity to utilize your experience of operational improvement and performance management in a stimulating new environment. Be part of a dynamic, growing team of highly experienced M&A practitioners who enjoy solving complex operational, integration and separation challenges faced by our clients in the cut-and-thrust world of M&A.
As a Manager you will:
• Assist clients in understanding and analyzing the true operational capability and risks of potential acquisition / divestment target businesses, including; integration and separation considerations, operational performance gaps, rapid opportunities for improvement, and potential merger synergies;
• Support our clients in identifying risks and issues related to integration and separation planning, timelines, and functional areas;
• Provide your technical, financial and analytical expertise to guide the client team towards superior decisions based on 'irrefutable' facts and logically sound argumentation;
• Manage small client engagement teams (2-3 professionals) and engage with senior client representatives on a daily basis;
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of business operations, integrations, carve-outs, and other types of transaction engagements;
• Assist in business development activities and attending pursuit meetings with clients to help sell work;
• Develop excellent relationships with senior leaders in the client organization and be responsible for a high degree of client satisfaction with the overall engagement; and
• Actively perform and promote peer-reviews and other quality activities to continuously improve our quality and raise the bar. About the team
The Operational Due Diligence ('ODD') team is a rapidly growing part of Deloitte's Value Creation Services ('VCS') group. We provide critical advice to private equity firms and corporate organizations on the operational aspects of transactions, and help them navigate their integration, separation and performance improvement challenges across the M&A deal cycle. Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• A graduate degree and/or approximately 4 - 6 years of related work experience, with skills developed ideally within an operational role in a top management consultancy or corporate environment;
• Experience in assessing value creation opportunities or delivering an operational turnaround within a short time horizon;
• Demonstration of a core analytical skill-set, including hypothesis-based problem solving skills, high attention to detail, analytical rigor and discipline;
• Strong financial and commercial acumen, including the ability to understand and analyze financial statements in order to provide analysis and data-driven recommendations to clients;
• Structured communication (written and oral) and facilitation skills with the ability to lead clients through the discovery of insights;
• Strong interpersonal skills and networking capabilities to support our services internally and externally;
• Ability to effectively team and work in a dynamic, start-up environment; willingness to contribute to the development of internal processes and procedures; and
• Flexibility and adaptability regarding work assignments, including willingness to learn new skills, subject matter areas and industries, and willingness and ability to travel.Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
M&A, Private Equity, Equity, Developer, Performance Management, Management, Finance, Technology, Human Resources
Management and Executive