LVL 6 - Director, Risk and Financial Analysis**AMENDMENT - CLOSE DATE EXTENDED** Position Classification
Level 6 Union
Vancouver, BC V8W 2S8 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$142, 800.00 to $178, 500.00 annually Close Date
8/30/2020 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> BC Financial Services Authority Ministry Branch / Division
Financial Institutions Supervision Job Summary Director, Risk and Financial Analysis
Classification Level 6
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.We're on a mission to grow our team. Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Tell us why you're a winning candidate for the Director, Risk and Financial Analysis position.
The BC Financial Services Authority (BCFSA) is a new statutory body responsible for regulating British Columbia's financial services sector.We are looking for passionate individuals who want to make a difference, to join our team in our downtown Vancouver offices.
BC's financial service sector is dynamic, innovative and unique and needs a regulator that is modern, effective and efficient. The sector is one of the primary drivers of BC's economy and it impacts individuals at key times in their lives - taking out a loan to grow their businesses, getting a mortgage to buy a house, or retiring.
At BCFSA, we: supervise provincially regulated entities in the credit union, insurance, trust, pension and mortgage broker sectors; oversee the conduct of market participants; and protect the public interest.
Our people are our greatest asset. We believe in family, health and wellness, and a balanced lifestyle. When you join BCFSA, you'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents & experiences and supports achieving both team and individual goals. We offer competitive benefits including: a suite of dental and health benefits, 4 weeks vacation, personal and family leave days, maternity and parental leave benefits, and a defined benefit pension plan.
BCFSA is committed to building a workforce that is reflective of the diversity of the people we serve and the communities where we work and live. Join a team that is working towards a better future for all British Columbians.
BCFSA is seeking a strong professional to join our Supervision department.The Director Risk and Financial Analysis will report to the Vice President & Deputy Superintendent Financial Institutions- Supervision and will oversee a part of the Credit Union Supervision.This leader will be responsible for ensuring standardization and consistent risk-based assessment processes, collaboration amongst peers, across the organization, and contribute to the departments vision of operating as a forward looking, risk based and proportionate regulator. Tell us your story. Come work at a place where your great work will make a difference. Apply today
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Mun.Kang@bcfsa.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Business, Law, Economics or Financial or Risk Management and extensive directly *related experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- *Related experience includes:
- Overseeing and directing financial risk management activities in the financial services sector
- Interpreting and applying legislation, regulations, and/or policy
- Managing employees and influencing stakeholders
- Preference may be given to applicants with Industry experience in at least one of insurance, credit union, banking, trusts, or related industries.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter required: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume required: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.Job Category
Finance, Leadership and Management, Policy, Research and Economics