LVL 14 - Financial Officer
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$48,960.00 - $61,200.00 per annum
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Other Public Sector
Ministry Branch / Division
Legislative Assembly of British Columbia
Job Summary Financial OfficerCompetition
: Financial ServicesPosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeSalary Range
: $48,960.00 - $61,200.00 per annumClose Date
: December 7, 2022POSITION SUMMARY
Employees of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia (Assembly) provide professional non-partisan services to support the democratic institution of Parliament and its members through procedural advice, administrative support and information services. The Assembly is an autonomous employer, separate from the administrative framework of B.C. government ministries and agencies.
The Financial Services department is seeking an organized and detail-oriented individual with strong customer service skills for the regular full-time position of Financial Officer.
Reporting to the Manager, Accountability and Risk, the Financial Officer is responsible for processing payments on behalf of constituency offices, reconciling expenses, reviewing redacted receipts, and providing accounting and financial guidance to constituency assistants (CAs). They also prepare guides and training materials for MLAs and CAs and assist with the preparation of financial reports (regular and ad hoc) related to MLA compensation and expenses, constituency office expenses, committee expenses, and executive expenses.QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must have:
- Completed Grade 12.
- Completed at least two years of a relevant post-secondary program, or have a combination of three years of education, related training and experience.
- Experience in organizing and managing large amounts of financial data.
- Experience working with various computer applications, including Adobe Acrobat Professional and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience communicating with internal or external clients.
- Experience accurately preparing documents in a timely manner.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Successful completion of post-secondary courses in accounting or business.
- Experience with electronic workflow software such as DocuWare, accounting software such as Dynamics GP (Great Plains), and Case Ware software.
Please refer to the job description for a full list of duties and qualifications.WHAT WE OFFER
- Career development- We support continuing education by providing innovative, inclusive and diverse learning opportunities for growth, skill development and career advancement.
- Community, engagement and recognition- We value teamwork, collaboration and connection. Employees have the opportunity to interact and engage through projects, committees, working groups and events. Together, we celebrate and acknowledge each other's outstanding achievements and contributions.
- Extended health benefits -We provide eligible employees with a competitive benefits package, which includes extended health and dental, basic life insurance, an optional family funeral benefit plan, optional life insurance, optional accidental death and dismemberment, travel medical insurance, sick leave and long-term disability benefits.
- Flexible work options- We offer remote work and flexible work arrangements for a greater work-life balance.
- Health and wellness- We promote employee health and wellness by providing access to an employee assistance program, an in-house fitness room, secure bike storage and a reduced-cost bus pass through the BC Transit ProPASS program. We also offer an infant and family wellness room, a meditation room and a sustainable commuting and active living program that provides reimbursement for fitness and wellness activities.
- Location, location, location- We provide employment in an architectural landmark, the Parliament Buildings, which overlooks Victoria's Inner Harbour on the edge of the downtown core, close to shops, restaurants, cafes and parks.
- Retirement benefits- We offer a generous pension plan with the Public Service Pension Plan where contributions are made by both the employee and Legislative Assembly. This pension plan provides employees with a lifetime monthly pension when they retire.
- Vacationbenefits- We offer four weeks of annual vacation time to start, or 8 percent vacation pay.
For more information about our organization, go to https://www.leg.bc.ca/learn-about-us/working-here .APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Please submit cover letter and résumé (preferably combined in one PDF document saved as Lastname, Firstname
), citing Competition LA222372
, by December 7, 2022 by e-mail to email@example.com
The Legislative Assembly of British Columbia is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment, and selection processes. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank everyone in advance for applying as only those shortlisted will be contacted. An eligibility list may be established and/or auxiliary positions may be considered for future conversion to regular status. Lesser qualified applicants may be under-implemented or appointed at a lower classification. A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required as a condition of employment.
The Legislative Assembly of BritishColumbiavalues diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.Human Resources
Legislative Assembly of British Columbia
E-mail: email@example.com | Telephone: 250-387-5532 | Web: www.leg.bc.ca
For inquiries please visit our FAQ page or contact us .
Banking, Finance and Insurance