LSO OTHR 3 - Land and Resource Specialist
Licensed Sc Off Other 3
Quesnel, BC V2J 6W6 CA (Primary)
$70,683.48 - $89,678.84 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Quesnel Natural Resource District
Job Summary A dynamic career opportunity to showcase yourproject management and leadership excellence
The primary focus of the position is to develop creative management solutions to strategic resource management issues. The position bridges environmental, social and economic disciplines of natural resource management to advance policy, ministry priorities and strategies, and operational delivery of stewardship outcomes. The Land and Resource Specialistis responsible for the management, coordination and delivery of strategic initiatives from initiation through to conclusion. The position deals with complex natural resource issues involving multiple stakeholders and First Nations.
Known as "the Goldpan City", Quesnel has a rich past connected to the Cariboo gold rush, and is also known for its agricultural beauty. Home to many farms and ranches, Quesnel hosts regular events such as The Quesnel Old Time Farmer's' Market. Festivals and other events are also held, such as the Billy Barker Days and the Quesnel Rodeo.Job Requirements:
*Related experience must include:
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, as a fully licensed professionalwith the British Columbia professional association as a Professional Forester with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP).Note:Immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer acurrent membershipfrom an applicable jurisdiction to the ABCFP within six (6) months of employment. Confirmation of registration/eligibility is required before an offer of employment can be made.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a natural resource management-related field (e.g. Forestry, Geography, or Natural Resource Management) plus three (3) years' related experience* (gained over the last 7 years) and directly-related forestry experience.
- Training in project management or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preference may be given to applicantswith:
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience managing multiple projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of a major project or regional initiative.
- Demonstrated experience managing project teams.
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge in implementing provincial and regional First Nations consultation procedures.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of conflict and dispute resolution principles and practices.
Proviso & Willingness Statements:
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders.
- Valid B.C. driver's licence.
- To be flexible regarding ongoing changes in responsibilities, assignments and corporate structures.
- To keep current on emerging issues.
- To take in-house training and certification as required.
- To fly in aircraft (fixed wing and rotary) as required.
- To travel and overnight in remote locations where accommodations may vary as required.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Rob.Jonasson@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established. Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.
Working for BC Public Service offers a competitive salary, diverse work environment, a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans and much more . Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken astaken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top offour (4)weeks annual leave.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Professional Designation: YES
- Please include your registration number within your application as you must be registered, or immediately eligible for registration, with the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals.Note:
immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membershipfrom an applicable jurisdiction to the ABCFP within 6 months of employment. Confirmation of registration/eligibility is required before an offer of employment can be made.Cover letter required: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Natural Resource Sector, Scientific and Technical