LSO OTHR 3 - Inspector of Mines, Permitting Position Classification
Licensed Sc Off Other 3 Union
Smithers, BC V0J2N0 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$66,675.12- $83,659.51 annually (plus $32.89 Bi-weekly Isolation Allowance) Close Date
12/4/2020 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Energy, Mines & Petroleum Res Ministry Branch / Division
Regional Operations, Mines Competitiveness and Authorizations Division Job Summary Inspector of Mines, Permitting
Licensed Science Officer (Other) 3
An eligibility list may be established.
This is also posted as a Scientific Technical Officer under requisition 72587 .An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
The Mines Competitiveness and Authorizations Division (MCAD) manages and facilitates the responsible development of BC's mineral resources. MCAD's main focuses are: ensuring safe and environmentally responsible mineral exploration, mine development and closure; providing timely permitting decisions; promoting BC's many mineral opportunities and fostering a positive and supportive environment for staff; implementing the Premier's Jobs Plan commitments and contributing to the achievement of the Province's social, economic and environmental goals.
The Inspector of Mines-Permitting is responsible for the review and issuance of permits and authorizations for all exploration and small mines in the region under the authority of the Mines Act. This position inspects mines to monitor compliance of mining and reclamation activity, manages consultation processes with other agencies, assesses environmental risk and sets reclamation bonds.
Smithers is filled with activities like fishing, boating, camping, hiking, skiing, and shopping. The Wet'suwet'en people are very close with the community, and have introduced many traditions. This quaint town with a friendly atmosphere is a wonderful place to live and visit.
Working for BC Public Service offers a competitive salary, diverse work environment, a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans and much more . Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken astaken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top offour (4)weeks annual leave.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Dawn.Haward@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE
:Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education, experience and professional designation requirement as outlined below:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Degree in Mining Engineering, Geology, Natural Resource Management or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Registration (or eligible to be immediately registered) with Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of BC, the Association of BC Forest Professionals, or the BC Institute of Agrologists.
- Note: Immediately eligible is defined as being registered as a professional member in an applicable jurisdiction and able to transfer that current membership to a BC professional association within 6 months of employment. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have their qualifications reviewed by the appropriate body to ensure they have the necessary requirements for registration.
- Three years of current experience related to mineral exploration or mining operations, preferably involving a broad range of mining activities including exploration, access construction, mining methods and mine reclamation.
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and recent, related experience may be considered.
- Must possess and maintain a valid BC Class 5 Driver's License.
- Preference may be given to those experienced with First Nations' consultation processes.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Professional Designation: YES
- Please include your registration number in your application. You must be registered (or immediately eligible for registration) as a Professional Forester with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP); OR, a Professional Agrologist with the British Columbia Institute of Agrologists (BCIA); OR, a Professional Engineer/Geoscientist with Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia (EGBC). Note: immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction. Applicants must confirm their eligibility with the appropriate BC association ( ABCFP , BCIA , EGBC ). Confirmation of registration/eligibility will be required before an offer of employment can be made. Optional -- only if applicable: If you do not meet this requirement, apply to the Scientific Technical Officer 27R opportunity via Requisition 72587 .Cover Letter: YES -
A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.A resume is required as part of your application; however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Scientific and Technical