LSO FORS 2 - Tenures Forester****CLOSING DATE EXTENDED***
Licensed Sc Off Other 2
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CA (Primary)
$61,182.54 - $77,067.27 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Cariboo-Chilcotin Natural Resource District
Job Summary Tenures Forester
Licensed Science Officer (Other)2
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Bring your forestry operations experience to this exciting opportunity
The Tenures Forester provides professional advisory services to a program area in the natural resource sector.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-9laHaKyc&feature=youtu.be .
In addition to this exciting opportunity and amazing locations, the BC Public Service is an award-winningemployer in British Columbia, including such accolades as being one of BC's Top Employers for 2021, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2021 and one of Canada's Top Family-Friendly Employers in 2021.
The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits , including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning anddevelopment. Regular, full time Professional Employee Association members are also entitled to 7% allowance in Lieu of Overtime Shiftwork and Standby (taken as time or money), have a 35 hour work week, and 4 weeks' annual paidleave entitlement.To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Kyla.Arduini@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you. NOTE
:Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition. Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet theeducation, experience and professional designation requirementas outlined below:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in the natural resource field or other directly related discipline as recognized by the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals (ABCFP).
- Registered, or immediately eligible* for registration, as a fully licensed Registered Professional Forester (RPF) with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP).
*Immediately eligible means you are currently a fully licensed registered RPF member in good standing in another Canadian jurisdiction and can immediately transfer to ABCFP).
- Applicants who do not meet the professional requirement may be considered at a lower level, subject to confirmation of eligibility for registration as a Forester In Training (FIT) or equivalent immediately upon employment with the Ministry. Applicants must contact ABCFP to confirm their eligibility.
- Related experience working in natural resource management.
- Experience in consulting with stakeholders in natural resource management.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Must have a Valid Class 5 B.C. driver's licence or equivalent.
- Meet safety standards of Work Safe BC.
- May be required to operate a variety of equipment.
- Conduct field work which may include travel to remote areas by vehicle, boat, air or foot, overnight or extended stay in rough camp conditions and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Professional Designation: YES
- Please include your registration number in your application. You must be registered (or immediately eligible for registration) as a Professional Forester with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP); Note: immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to obtain registration in BC from a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction. Applicants must confirm their eligibility with the appropriate BC association ( ABCFP , BCIA , EGBC ). Confirmation of registration/eligibility will be required before an offer of employment can be made. Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Natural Resource Sector, Scientific and Technical