LSO FORS 2 - Stewardship Forester
Licensed Sc Off Forester 2
Clearwater, BC V0E1N0 CA
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
$63,636.24 - $80,877.09 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Thompson Rivers District
Job Summary Bring your commitment to excellence in sustainable forest management
The Ministry of Forests is responsible for the stewardship of provincial Crown land and ensures the sustainable management of forest, wildlife, water and other land-based resources. The Ministry manages these resources in a manner that embraces economic, environmental and social goals of government.
The primary role of the Stewardship Forester includes: Resource Monitoring, Silviculture, Strategic Operational Planning, Timber Supply Reviews, Land Based Investment Delivery and Forest Health. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative, energetic team environment and to gain valuable experience in a variety of areas. If you are ready for the next step in your forestry career, consider this excellent opportunity.
A career with the Ministry of Forests offers an exceptional opportunity to undertake a variety of challenging and rewarding roles, while supporting a healthy work/life balance. Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why work for the Ministry of Forests .Job Requirements:
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, as a Registered Professional Forester, with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP). Note: Immediately eligible is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction to the ABCFP. Confirmation of registration/eligibility is required before an offer of employment can be made.
- Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the Association of BC Forest Professionals.
Preference may be given to those with one or more of the following:
- Experience in consulting with stakeholders in natural resource management.
- Experience with FREP (Forest and Range Evaluation Program).
- Experience with RESULTS (Reporting Silviculture Updates and Land Status Tracking System).
- Experience in forest health management planning and implementation.
- Those with a Silviculture background/experience.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Marina.Irwin@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
This position can be located in either Clearwater or Kamloops, BC.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future vacancies in the above locations.
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations (status or non-status), Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits , great learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development options. On top of the base salary, regular, full time Professional Employee Association members are also entitled to an allowance to cover professional fees as well as a 7% allowance in Lieu of Overtime Shiftwork and Standby (taken as time or money). For more information, visit What the BC Public Service Offers .
Home to 'Canada's Waterfall Park', Clearwater is located in the North Thompson Valley and beckons the adventurist to explore nature in its awe-inspiring beauty. Hiking, wildlife viewing and lake-based water activities provide bountiful opportunities to enjoy the outdoors in all seasons. From white water rafting, fishing, mountain biking and festivals, to skiing, snowmobiling and snowshoeing, Clearwater is your destination community for outdoor recreation!
Kamloops is an outdoor enthusiast's dream come true! Surrounded by over one hundred lakes as well as the North and South Thompson rivers, water-based activities are very popular, such as fishing, kayaking, canoeing, rafting, and tubing. Snowmobiling, ice-fishing and cross-country & downhill skiing are popular activities when winter's snow covers the landscape.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Professional Designation: YES
- Please include your registration number within your application as you must be registered, or immediately eligible for registration, as a Professional Forester (RPF) with the Association of BC Forest Professionals. Note:
immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction to the ABCFP within 6 months of employment. Confirmation of registration/eligibility is required before an offer of employment can be made.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history, including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) and your job related responsibilities for each job in your employment history, and any relevant information that relates to this position.Questionnaire: YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed in the job profile. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire. Note:
for long or essay style questionnaires, we recommend saving frequently while completing it. You can also copy the questions into another document, complete it offline, then log back in and copy/paste your responses when you are ready to submit your application.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time
, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
Natural Resource Sector, Policy, Research and Economics, Scientific and Technical, Trades and Operational