LSO FORS 2 - Stewardship Forester - AMENDED Position Classification
Licensed Sc Off Forester 2 Union
Prince George, BC V3L 3H9 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$61,182.54 - $77,067.27 annually Close Date
8/4/2021 Job Type
Temporary (Auxiliary) Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> FLNRO and Rural Development Ministry Branch / Division
Operations - Prince George Natural Resource District Job Summary Stewardship Forester
Licensed Science Officer (Forester) 2Amendment July 27, 2021: Posting updated to include the following: Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
Amendment July 27, 2021: Job Profile updated to include the following two competencies: (1) Teamwork and Co-operation;(2) Cultural Agility.
An eligibility list may be established.Join a dynamic team of forestry management professionals in Prince George
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development is responsible for the stewardship of provincial Crown land and ensures the sustainable management of forest, wildlife, water and other land-based resources. The Ministry works with Indigenous and rural communities to strengthen and diversify their economies.
This position provides professional advisory services to a program area in the natural resource sector. The primary role of the Stewardship Forester includes: Resource Monitoring, Silviculture, Strategic Operational Planning, Timber Supply Reviews, Land Based Investment Delivery and Forest Health.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-9laHaKyc&feature=youtu.be .
Working for BC Public Service offers a competitive salary, diverse work environment, a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans and much more . Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken as taken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top of four (4) weeks annual leave.
The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits , including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. Regular, full time Professional Employee Association members are also entitled to 7% allowance in Lieu of Overtime Shiftwork and Standby (taken as time or money), have a 35 hour work week, and 4 weeks' annual paid leave entitlement. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You
In addition to this exciting opportunity, the BC Public Service is an award winning employer in British Columbia, including such accolades as being one of BC's Top Employers for 2017, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2017 and one of Canada's Top Family-Friendly Employers in 2017.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or by phone: 778-698-1336.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Shawn.Rice@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE
: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education, experience and professional designation requirementas outlined below:
- Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the Association of BC Forest Professionals.
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, as a Registered Professional Forester, with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP).
- Experience in consulting with stakeholders in natural resource management.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Valid B.C. driver's licence.
- Meet safety standards of Work Safe BC.
- May be required to operate a variety of equipment.
- Conduct field work which may include travel to remote areas by vehicle, boat, air or foot, overnight or extended stay in rough camp conditions and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Professional Designation: YES
- Please include your registration number in your application. You must be registered (or immediately eligible for registration) as a Professional Forester with the Association of BC Forest Professionals. Note: immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction. Applicants must confirm their eligibility with the ABCFP . Confirmation of registration/eligibility will be required before an offer of employment can be made.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT
: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Scientific and Technical