LSO FOR 3 - Senior Licensed Authorizations Officer - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED Position Classification
Licensed Sc Off Forester 3 Union
Castlegar, BC V1N4G7 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nelson, BC V1L5S4 CASalary Range
$68,008.54 - $85,592.73 annually, effective April 11/21 Close Date
5/10/2021 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> FLNRO and Rural Development Ministry Branch / Division
South Area/Kootenay Boundary Region Job Summary Senior Licensed Authorizations Officer Licensed Science Officer (Forester) 3
This position is also posted as a STO27 under REQ76399
This position is located in Castlegar or Nelson; however, Revelstoke may be considered based on operational considerations.
An eligibility list may be established.
Amendment - April 27, 2021 - Closing date extended from April 26, 2021 until May 3, 2021.
Amendment - April 29, 2021 - Closing date extended from April 29, 2021 until May 10, 2021. A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
Reporting to a Section Head or an excluded manager, the Senior Licensed Authorizations Specialist provides specialist services to the Natural Resource Sector in evaluating resource applications, conducting applied research, and leading or participating in complex projects. This position may supervise professional and technical staff.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-9laHaKyc&feature=youtu.be .
To learn about these B.C communities you can click on the Hello BC link here!
In addition to this exciting opportunity, the BC Public Service is an award winning employer in British Columbia, including such accolades as being one of BC's Top Employers for 2017, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2017 and one of Canada's Top Family-Friendly Employers in 2017. The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits , including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Grant.Walton@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you. NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education, experience and professional designation requirementas outlined below:
Provisos & Willingness Statements
- Degree in a natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals (ABCFP).
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, with the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals (ABCFP) as a Registered Professional Forester (RPF).
- Minimum three (3) years experience in negotiating and consulting with stakeholders in natural resource management.
- Minimum three (3) years experience (field/office) working in resource management.
- Minimum three (3) supervisory experience including leading, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience working in collaboration with First Nations in resource management.
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience working with authorizations and planning (such as tenures and stewardship).
- Valid B.C. driver's license
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Meet safety standards of WorkSafe BC
- May be required to operate a variety of equipment (including chainsaws, off-road vehicles, etc) .
- Conduct field work which may include travel to remote areas by vehicle, boat, air or foot, overnight or extended stay in rough camp conditions and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service which may include a Criminal records check, and/or Criminal records Review Act (CCRA) check and/or enhanced screening checks as required by the Ministry (Note: It is important that you read the job posting carefully to understand the specific security screening requirements pertaining to the position).
A Criminal Record Check (CRC)will berequired. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Professional Designation: YES
- Please include your registration number in your application. You must be registered (or immediately eligible for registration) as a Professional Forester with the Association of BC Forest Professionals. Note: immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction. Applicants must confirm their eligibility with the ABCFP . Confirmation of registration/eligibility will be required before an offer of employment can be made. Optional -- only if applicable: If you do not meet this requirement, apply to the Scientific Technical Officer XXR opportunity via Requisition XXXXX. Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes. Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire. IMPORTANT
: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments. Job Category
Natural Resource Sector, Scientific and Technical