LSO 4 DPE - Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer
LSO 4 -Designated Profssnl Eng
Coquitlam, BC V3K 7B9 CA
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$75,712.45 - $100,095.25 annually, plus a 6.5% Recruitment & Retention Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary This is your opportunity to join a leading-edge engineering team dedicated to ensuring BC's highways are part of a vital, integrated transportation network
Every minute of every day, the people and the businesses in this province rely on the services provided by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure for their prosperity and safety. This service to British Columbian's is the core mandate of our ministry and can't happen without the decisive, knowledgeable and forward thinking of our leaders.
The Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer is a specialist position in the Structural Engineering Section of the Engineering Branch. The position is the Ministry senior technical expert for the hydrologic/hydraulic, drainage, scour, revetment, coastal and river engineering aspects of Highway Engineering and Bridge Engineering design and construction. This position provides a unique service and manages assignments which may originate from any part of the Ministry.
As the technical expert in this field, the position operates independently. The position requires a strong ability to make judgments based on knowledge gained through extensive experience and to conduct work at an advanced level, which is highly interpretive or analytical. The individual in this position should have sound interpersonal skills to deal with the public, consultants and other agency professionals. If you are seeking to gain valuable experience in a career building role, we look forward to your application.
Be a part of our structural engineering team: Our Structural Engineering Team Helps Keep BC Moving | TranBC Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering plus 6 (six) years *directly related experience, OR
- Master's degree and five (5) years *directly related experience, OR
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
*Directly related experience would include: Hydraulics, Hydrology, River Engineering, Hydraulic Modelling, Scour and Geomorphological aspects of bridge design and construction.
- Must be registered or immediately eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with EGBC. (i.e. a registered professional member in good standing in another Canadian jurisdiction that can be immediately transfer to EGBC).
- Extensive experience in the design and construction of bridge hydraulics works, erosion protection works, flood control, floodplain mapping, river training works, storm sewers, culverts, debris torrent control structures, coastal protection, hydraulic modeling and experience of hydrological predictions and climate change adaptation.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Eve.Williams@gov.bc.ca
.About this position:
This position is located in Coquitlam and may be performed from these other locations : Victoria, Prince George and Kamloops based on operational requirements. For specific information about a location, applicants should contact the hiring manager.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.
In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans and much more . Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken astaken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top offour (4)weeks annual leave.How to apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover letter required: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Natural Resource Sector, Scientific and Technical