Lpn Long Term/complex Care (relief Part Time)
Reference ID: 05410683
Works within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with the standards, scope and code of ethics as outlined by British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) and vision and values of the Northern Health. Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor or designate, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the Licensed Practical Nurse applies Nursing Process, performs assessments, plans, provides nursing care, and may provide direction to other staff.
The LPN operates in accordance with the expected competencies within the Entry to Practice Competencies, Scope of Practice and Standards of Practice as outlined by BCCNP, as well as within a client and family centered care model and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
The LPN will support clients and families to achieve and maintain optimal health by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing LPN registrant.
- One (1) year of recent, related acute care or residential experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills within a specific clinical specialty or patient population dependent on the nature of the caseload (e.g. acute care, gerontology, palliative, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to assign care and share knowledge with the multidisciplinary team, clients and families
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize; and ability to initiate and implement a plan of care.
- Ability to operate related equipment including proficiency in relevant computer applications.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Kitimat is a community of approximately 10,000 population. Located on Northern BC's inland coast at the end of the Douglas Channel and large ocean fjord, Kitimat is surrounding by snow- capped mountains and was purposefully designed using garden city principles. The Kitimat area offers exceptional outdoor lifestyle opportunities including hiking, fresh water and ocean fishing as well as access to lakes, forests and mountains. Kitimat has 2 superb golf courses and offers nearby skiing opportunities. Kitimat is a welcoming, community oriented atmosphere for professionals and families, affordable real estate and a mild but distinctly four season climate in which to capitalize on fantastic outdoor pursuit's opportunities in the area.
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019