In accordance with the Provincial Health Officer's COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate, Northern Health requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. **This position qualifies for a Relocation Incentive**
Works within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with the standards, scope and code of ethics as outlined by BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and vision and values of the Northern Health. Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor or designate, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the Licensed Practical Nurse applies Nursing Process, performs assessments, plans, provides nursing care, and may provide direction to other staff.
The LPN operates in accordance with the expected competencies within the Entry to Practice Competencies, Scope of Practice and Standards of Practice as outlined by BCCNM, as well as within a client and family centered care model and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant.
- One (1) year of recent, related acute care or residential experience.Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills within a specific clinical specialty or patient population dependent on the nature of the caseload (e.g. acute care, gerontology, palliative, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to assign care and share knowledge with the multidisciplinary team, clients and families
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize; and ability to initiate and implement a plan of care.
- Ability to operate related equipment including proficiency in relevant computer applications.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
View Prince Rupert Community