Menno Place is one of BC’s largest campuses-of-care ranging from independent living to complex care for 700 residents over 11.5 acres in Abbotsford, BC. Founded in 1953 by the Mennonite Benevolent Society, Menno Place has the privilege of serving the physical, emotional, spiritual and relational needs of residents, families and staff alike. We are looking for Licensed Practical Nurses who work with kindness, compassion and will serve our fragile seniors with respect and dignity.
This position works under the direction of the Manager of Care. This is a casual position. The successful candidate must be open to all shifts and be available on short notice.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Performs nursing care for residents on assigned shifts, assessing needs, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care.
- Documents observations and therapeutic treatments on the health record.
- Assumes a multidisciplinary approach to the development of a care plan, including nursing needs and approaches to be used by Health Care Assistants (HCA) and other health care workers in conjunction to the physician’s plan of care.
- Performs various treatments/procedures as outlined in the competencies required of the beginning Licensed Practical Nurse, including administration of oral, injectable, and topical medications.
- Provides a supportive environment for resident/family. Promotes resident involvement in health care decision: provides information and opportunity to discuss concerns and respects personal choices.
- Assists with the collection of information to support Quality Improvement activities.
- Attends and provides input at committee meetings as required, and participates in multidisciplinary care conferences.
- Supports and directs the HCAs in the delivery of quality resident care.
- Assists in providing emergency resident care as indicated by the Care Team and/or physician.
- Shares in the admitting, discharging, and transferring of residents, and assures accurate records are kept.
- Maintains RAI coding competency as required. Updates care plans and maintains RAI assessments in the required time frames in an accurate manner.
Skills, Attributes, Abilities:
Education, Training and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited Practical Nurse Program and holds current registration with the BC Council of Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Competency in all skills outlined in the competencies required of the beginning Licensed Practical Nurse from the BC Council of Licensed Practical Nurses.
Skills and Abilities
- Respectful and courteous manner with residents, staff and families
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Prerequisite for hire: Criminal Record Check and TB Clearance .
Check us out at http://www.mennoplace.ca. If interested please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants however will only be contacting short-listed candidates.
Job Type: Part time, casual