LP 5A - Clinician, CYMH - Closing date extended Position Classification
Licensed Psychologist 5A Union
Bella Coola, BC V0T 1C0 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$80,638.63 - $101,367.89 annually (plus $53.82 Bi-weekly Isolation Allowance) Close Date
5/31/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
039-1785 Job Summary Clinician, CYMH
Licensed Psychologist 5A
Amendment May 23, 2023: Posting closing date extended to May 31, 2023.
Amendment May 12, 2023: Posting closing date extended to May 23, 2023.
Amendment May 4, 2023: Posting closing date extended to May 12, 2023.
This position is also posted as an SPO MH 25 under REQ 92120 and aNurse 7 under REQ 92121
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here . Be a part of a dedicated team who is passionate about achieving our vision of an inclusive and supportive community where children, youth and their families thrive!
An integral member of a multi-disciplinary Community Mental Health Team and in coordination with other community agencies and professionals, you provide a range of mental health services to children, youth and their families, when the child or youth is suffering from serious emotional, psychological, behavioral or psychiatric illness.
As a Clinician, you provide direct clinical services such as intake, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and crisis intervention for children, youth and their families. Consulting with community agencies, schools, hospitals, and other ministry programs, you understand the importance of being involved in community education, development, coordination and prevention/early intervention programs. You build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders in the community to ensure that conflicts are resolved and appropriate outcomes are achieved.
Close Close to Tweedsmuir Park, Bella Coola sits in the Bella Coola valley and is a gateway to the Great Bear Rainforest, serving as a centre for the more remote communities in the area. Perfect for fishing, hiking and wildlife watching, Bella Coola is very close with its First Nations heritage, and communities such as the Nuxalkmc people live within the town.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.If you are ready to embark on a new career opportunity - please consider this rewarding career with the BC Public Service!
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
.DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you. NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition. Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Ph.D. in clinical/applied psychology, and registered with, or eligible for, registration with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia as a Psychologist.
- NOTE: If your degree was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a basic report by the closing date of this posting to be considered.
- Completion of a psychological pre-or post-doctoral internship of 1600 hours in a child and youth mental health or hospital setting with specialization in formal psychological assessment, diagnoses and treatment of mental health disorders.
- Minimum of one year full-time equivalent experience working with children and youth and their families, with responsibility for providing a wide range of community based mental health services.
- Experience in clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Must possess and maintain a valid class 5 BC Driver's license with no restriction or equivalent (i.e. from another Canadian Province).
- Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Two years or more experience working with children and youth and their families, with responsibility for providing a wide range of community based mental health services.
- Applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit with the required combination of education and experience.
Please refer to the Job Profile for the full list of willingness/ proviso requirements.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
-Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire. Job Category
Community and Social Services