In accordance with the Provincial Health Officer's COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate, Northern Health requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Within the context of a Gentle Care Model and in accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Care Aide works under the functional direction of a Registered Nurse or LPN Team Leader in cooperation with interdisciplinary team members to assist in the delivery of client care. Following established care plans, provides personal care; bathes, grooms, dresses, assists with meals and oral hygiene and performs nursing care duties as applicable. Responds to call bells/alarms. Observes and monitors clients' progress, symptoms and behavioral changes and reports significant observations. Utilizes mechanical aides such as specialty beds, wheelchairs and stretchers to transport clients and provides assistance with lifting and/or transferring of clients following established lifting/safety techniques. Maintains a clean and safe environment for clients and staff. Performs other related duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Grade 10 plus Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Attendant program, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Registered with the B.C. Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Burns Lake Community