Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Follow the path to an exciting career in long-term care. Help create a home environment for our seniors at Bulkley Lodge.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Registered Care Aide provides resident care in accordance with resident-centred care philosophy and established regional and facility policies and procedures. As part of the multidisciplinary team and under the direction of the Manager or designate, the Registered Care Aide performs nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration in addition to resident care duties relating to activities of daily living, including personal, social, physical and recreational needs. Transports residents and performs clerical duties.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Rotating Evenings; 16:30 to 21:00 Bulkley Lodge
is a stand-alone, long-term care home located in central Smithers, approximately five minutes from Bulkley Valley District Hospital. There are 53 beds including two respite beds plus three short stay beds. Bulkley Lodge provides daily therapeutic recreation services. Pastoral and spiritual services are provided by the Smithers Ministerial Group with regular, on-site spiritual care. There is a volunteer program in place to facilitate resident participation in social activities and outings. There is also an on-site, integrated community Adult Day Program, operating 7 days a week. Smithers
has a population of 5,401 (2021) local residents and is located in the picturesque Bulkley Valley surrounded by three mountain ranges that provide a backdrop for the towns' Alpine setting. Check out Smithers where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Three/Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Health Care Other