Job Description: Logistics Coordinator
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) is defining the future of the security industry through innovative, end-to-end solutions. Delivering the world’s best technology, Avigilon’s industry-leading HD network video management software, megapixel cameras, access control and video analytics products outpace the competition by a wide margin. We offer customers in more than 120 countries a customizable end-to-end, scalable and open solution to monitor property and protect people and their assets across diverse locations, including stadiums, retail environments, school campuses, casinos, critical infrastructure and transportation stations. Avigilon products are designed and manufactured in North America, providing customers with the most reliable and highest quality technology in the industry.
In 2014, Avigilon ranked among the fastest-growing technology companies in Canada for the fifth year in-a-row on the Deloitte Fast 50 and among the fastest-growing technology companies in North America for the fourth consecutive year on the Deloitte Fast 500. The company also received a 2014 BC Export Award in the Advancing Technology & Innovation category. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare export documentation required for daily shipments, which could include Commercial Invoices, Certificates of Origin, Declarations of Conformance, and Letters of Credit.
- Maintain Avigilon’ export requirement database to reflect documentation required when shipping to 100+ destination countries in the world. The Logistics Coordinator ensures execution in accordance with regulatory compliance for import and export transactions.
- Work with buyers to arrange inbound shipment from vendors.
- Arrange shipment between Avigilon and its 3PL warehouse. Assist with maintain inventory accuracy.
- Track & expedite (when needed) shipments to ensure on time delivery.Auditing freight bills to ensure carrier compliance to agreed rates and service agreements.
- Managing freight claim program to ensure that Avigilon is realizing maximum recovery for lost or damaged shipments.
- Working closely with service providers to assure efficient and effective execution of service requirements.
- Write & maintain SOP.
- Other duties as assigned.
(indicated preferred or required) Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Business or related field or equivalent business experience.
- 3-4 years’ experience in logistics and/or import/export coordination. Preferred in a global operations at a company with revenues of >500 million.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of an ERP system.
Other Items (ie. travel): Direct Reports
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem solving.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of team.
- Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment.
( List position titles of direct reports) Working Conditions
(ie. lifting, standing for long periods)