What you'll do
What you'll bring
- Perform ordering, picking, packing, distributing, delivering, stocking, physical count verification (cycle counting), cleaning, and tidying functions in stores and user areas according to established policies, standards and procedures.
- Perform order picking in Stores. Check item numbers and unit of issues for accuracy before filling orders.
- Enter customer orders using the material management system and picks orders by operating the carousel automated storage system.
- Pack and loads supplies for delivery.
- Rotate stock to ensure good dating.
- Verify product and quantity received against requisition to ensure the right products and right quantities are received.
- Put away items to designated stocking locations. Report variances to supervisors.
- Order supplies for user areas by completing a requisition or using a handheld device.
- Monitor usages and reports problems to supervisor.
- Check completed requisition for accuracy.
- Pick up supplies from warehouse and/or sterile processing department as required.
- Update item labels when changes occur.
- Complete delivery records by obtaining user signature for deliveries.
- Deliver and pick up furniture, equipment, mail and parcels as required.
- Deliver and pick up perishable items and handle materials as per departmental policy, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System, and Transportation of Dangerous Goods requirements.
- Grade 10
- Six months' recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience with inventory, stocking, replenishment, warehouse, supply chain, distribution, stores and merchandising You can
What's in it for you
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Work well with others.
- Organize your work.
- Physically able to perform the duties of the position.
- Operate related equipment.
Working for the Hospital Replenishment and Distribution Team you will:
- Help us give our patients the best care by making sure staff have the supplies they need.
- Enjoy a great corporate culture, growth opportunities and flexibility.
- Be challenged with diverse duties.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
4500 Oak Street, VancouverDepartment:
$20.56/ per hour + 12.6%straight time pay in lieuWhat we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and strive to create a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.