This is a full-time opportunity available as soon as possible for an individual with 2-3 years’ transportation, truck brokerage, 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) & general logistics experience. The role performs strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, searches for competitive and cost-effective deals, and sources more profitable suppliers.
- Writing purchase orders
- Maintaining updated price lists
- Provide costs and issue PO's and invoices
- Solicit shipping quotes
- Arrange freight for outbound plant orders, trade shows, etc.
- Liaise with vendors / suppliers and freight forwarders to resolve customer issues
- Arrange inbound freight for customers
- Manage all aspects of freight logistics (air/rail/truck) including customs paperwork and customs tariffs
- Develop and manage key relationships, both internally and externally
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- 2-3 years’ experience in purchasing and logistics coordination
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Ability to asses a situation, identify issues and develop solutions
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize work projects, meet objectives/deadlines with strong organizational capability
- Excellent communication skills
Please send your resume to the attention of Kristel Rundmann.
Administrative Manufacturing and Production Transportation and Warehousing