A well-established medium company is hiring full time, professional employees. Our company is in the international trading industry, starting from recycling and container business and currently expanding to other business like vehicle business between Canada and Asia.
- Organize and manage shipping scheduling
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records of shipments, and preparing items for shipment: shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping & receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes & rates
- Oversee shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
- Determine space requirements and position of shipment in boxcars and trucks and lays out position of shipment
- Inspect loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded boxcars and truck doors
- Inspect material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair
- Direct movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders
- Posts weight and shipping charges
- Prepares bills of lading
- May assist workers in shipping and receiving activities
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role
- A certain level of flexibility regarding availability outside normal working hours is required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree in logistics or transportation from College or University.
- 2 - 3 years’ working experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Fluent in English necessary, French and / or Chinese as an additional language would be an asset
- Knowledge/experience in logistics an asset
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Mature and attentive to detail
- Driver License and vehicle are required
- Citizen and PR may apply
Posted: September 16, 2016
Closes:November 15, 2016