Recognized for its diversity, dedication to inclusion, and strong partnerships with the community, the Richmond School District is among one of the largest districts in British Columbia with some of the highest graduation rates in the province. With a long history of providing high quality experiences for students, the Richmond School District strives to be “The Best Place to Learn and Lead.”
As an employer, we provide comprehensive growth, learning and engagement opportunities to our committed professionals across the district. We are currently looking for a full-time, permanent Locksmith to join our Facilities Services department to provide all locksmithing duties at the journeyperson level across the district’s 53 facilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Repairs locks and closures for all district facilities.
• Installs, modifies, repairs, and maintains all door associated hardware including locks, dead bolts, flush bolts, panic hardware, hinges, door closures, etc.
• Prepares estimates of labour and materials required for new installations, repair, or replacement of related equipment.
• Maintains, updates and audits key inventories; cuts, codes, and records master keys; prepares and assists for Card Entry in schools.
• Responds to service calls and security system calls as required.
• Provides technical advice regarding locking devices as it relates to fire and building locks.
• Maintains familiarity with current standards regulating the locksmithing trade.
• Performs other job-related duties of comparable importance, difficulty and responsibility as required.
Grade 12 or equivalent plus a BC or Interprovincial Certificate of Apprenticeship in Locksmithing or equivalent apprenticeship training and a BC or Interprovincial Certificate of Qualification in Locksmithing (T.Q.);
• Two (2) years’ experience at a Journeyperson level in commercial or institutional Locksmithing service work, including maintenance, repair, and installation of commercial and industrial equipment.
• Thorough knowledge of current techniques, methods, procedures, and equipment applicable to the Locksmithing trade.
• Ability to organize workload, work under periodic pressure and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
Interested applicants MUST provide proof of TQ/Red Seal qualifications to be considered.
This is a unionized position that offers a 40-hour work week with an hourly wage rate of $36.15, plus a liberal benefit package including Municipal Pension, health, vacation, and sick benefits. Please note the hourly wage will be increasing as of July 1, 2023.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online on Make a Future at https://bit.ly/434DCtK.
Richmond School District is committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Our ability to provide the best education for our student population relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, 2SLGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however ONLY those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
For more information about Richmond School District 38, please visit www.makeafuture.ca/richmond or our website at www.sd38.bc.ca.