6-month contract Load Test Engineer role with a global enterprise organization working with their SRE team.
- 6-month contract Load Testing role
- Global enterprise organization
- Remote onboarding capability
What & Why:
As a result of investment in technology our global enterprise organization is looking to add a Load Test Engineer to their SRE team. Your goal will be to ensure the eCommerce platform is capable of supporting peak traffic loads without a degradation in performance. Your recommendations will be focused on improvement/optimization of the code base and infrastructure capacity planning. You are experienced in creating load tests, establishing best practices, and generating reports based on the results of the tests. You will develop and refine scripts, as well as assist in the development and implementation of load testing automation services.
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and have recently won major awards for their accomplishments in 2019. 2020 is set be the largest year of their 20+ year history with major investment in technology as well as an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They have full remote on-boarding and are work from home until at least summer 2021.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- 3 or more years’ experience in a DevOps Engineer role
- Development and use of back end load testing applications
- Skilled at scope planning and analysis of load testing results
- Scripting in JMeter, Artillery and other testing languages
- Use of back end testing tools such as Flood.io or Blazemeter
- Java virtual machine testing and diagnostics
- Infrastructure capacity planning for AWS environments and Oracle eComm platforms
- Automation of load testing services
- Understanding of web technologies (HTTP, SSL, Headers, Cookies, TCP, caching).
- Use of internal and 3rd party APIs in development projects
- Single page application architecture experience
- Experience as a software developer of support tools for SRE
- Developing load test plans for mobile applications
- Nice to have: Development or implementation of CI/CD pipelines, following agile sprint development cycles using JIRA/Confluence or similar platform, knowledge of RESTful and SOAP web services, Linux-based container development with Docker and Kubernetes, with Jenkins/Koala/Travis
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology