Linux Operations Engineer at nine
This position is based on-site in Kelowna Your mission:As a Linux Operations Engineer at nine you are responsible for the smooth operation of more than 1,000 servers as well as the technical support of our customers.
Our managed services team focuses on supporting our customers with all their technical issues and questions. The team handles all incoming requests as well as new orders and ensures the smooth operation of the server infrastructure.The headquarters of nine are located in ZÃ¼rich, Switzerland,
with a small office here in Kelowna that will expand over the next couple of years. The difference in time zones means that the Kelowna office provides night-time support for the mainly European based customers. The team at nine is kind and supportive and are looking forward to add more Canadians to their work family. Your main tasks:
- React to all monitoring alerts to ensure the 24/7 operation of over 18'000 services
- Conduct maintenance tasks on the server infrastructure
- Answer emergency calls from customers
- Set up new servers
- Technical customer support by e-mail
- Professional experience as a System Engineer working with Linux (Ubuntu & Redhat) Certifications in these would be a plus
- Experienced with internet services such as DNS, SMTP, HTTP, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, postgresSQL and LAMP
- You are interested in working with technologies such as AWS, Docker, Openshift and Kubernetes
- Puppet, Varnish and Git experience would be great!
- You go the extra mile to ensure a great customer experience
- You are curious and are continuously expanding your knowledge
We'd be very excited to hear from German speakers!Cool benefit:
The selected candidate gets to travel to ZÃ¼rich, Switzerland for 3-4 weeks of training!About nine:
"We are navigators. We don't let anything get us off course and know our way around complex sys- tems. We are the guarantor for a safe, relaxed journey to and in the cloud."
Company homepage: https://www.nine.ch/en/homeHow to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Ingrid@RoninHR.com