Who we are:
Global restaurateur HMSHost is a world leader in creating exceptional dining experiences for traveler venues in airports and travel plazas around the world.
We are currently looking for a Full-Time General Cook to join our full service restaurant – Milestones located in the exciting Vancouver International Airport.
The General Cook is responsible for preparing cooked foods, and must be able to perform all station functions of Fry, Flat Top Griddle, Pantry, and cooking eggs; communicating ticket times and potential problems to the manager on duty and servers as necessary; providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times.
- Follow recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving food items which may include soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food and beverage products
- Taste products, follow menus, estimate food requirements, check production and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed
- Clean and sanitize work stations and equipment
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and compliance with HACCP standards
- Operate a variety of kitchen equipment; Measure and mix ingredients, wash, peel, cut and shred fruits and vegetables
- Stock, date, rotate, and check temperature of product
- Follows all security and safety procedures established by the Company
- Performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management
What makes you a great candidate?
- Passion for cooking and providing great customer service
- Open-minded and eager to share innovative ideas
- Willing to take initiative and set the pace
- Able to consistently cook and prepare food to a high standard
- Ability to focus on the task at hand with a sense of urgency
- Food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
- A minimum of 1 year of closely related cooking experience, work experience in high volume and casual dining restaurant environment preferred
- Food knowledge pertaining to Soups, Sauté, Broiler, Fry, and Pantry
- The ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Capable of lifting and/or moving up to 40 pounds
- The ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
- Often works with sharp knives, utensils, and hot plates
Why work at HMSHOST?
With more than 2,000 dining locations in airports and motorways across North America, HMSHost offers the resources, training, and advancement opportunities to help you be successful in your role with HMSHost
With our company, you will find that we have:
- A positive and dynamic work environment
- Competitive wages
- Extended Health & Dental, MSP, Group RSP and meal benefits
- Training and development
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
If you possess the eligibility requirements & are interested in applying for this position, please apply online at www.hmshost.com/careers
or email your resume to: [email protected]