The Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: LIFE SKILLS WORKER | #1376
SERVICE AREA: Vocational & Community Services
START DATE: As soon as possible
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Full Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Flex Time // 37.5 hours per week
HOURLY WAGE: $23.90 as per collective agreement
We are seeking a highly independent, organized, and flexible individual to provide comprehensive and effective support to adults with disabilities who live independently. Experience working with individuals with concurrent disorders is an asset.
Education & Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services.
• 2 years’ experience working with people who deal with concurrent disorders.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully implement instructional and proactive training programs for clients.
• Experience with principles of positive behaviour management is desirable.
• A non-judgmental attitude, ability to relate to participants, work unsupervised, and generate/monitor workload.
• Knowledge of community resources.
• Must be willing to work occasional weekends and evenings.
Standard requirements of the Life Skills Worker include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance
• Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
• Class 5 Driver's License or Unrestricted Class 4 Driver's License
• Valid First Aid/CPR
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
• Demonstrated competency in English
• Basic computer literacy
• Eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
*This position requires Union membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
#42 - Apply Digital - Define Yourself as a Job Candidate
About Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA)
Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a non-profit association which supports children and adults with developmental disabilities, enabling them to realize their full potential through ne...Read More