UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEAD.
Position: Licensed Technician
Dealership: OpenRoad Toyota Abbotsford
We are proud of our forward-thinking culture developed over 40 years of continuous improvement initiatives. OpenRoad is one of the largest and fastest-growing automotive retail groups in the country (representing 21 automotive brands across 34 locations) with a shared vision to become the national automotive leader in customer experience. As one of Canada's Best Employers and Best Managed Companies, we are looking for team players who are excited to continually learn, work hard, and take ownership of their role.
A Career at OpenRoad Means You'll Enjoy:
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Opportunity to work with a variety of OEM BRANDS including Acura Audi, BMW, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen
- Amazing Incentives including but not limited to Discounted Vehicle Purchasing Program, Footwear Subsidy, Computer Rebate Program, Employee Referral Program, Employer RRSP Matching, & a Tool Allowance.
- Internal and external, training & development opportunities for skill development and growth
- Be part of collaborative, friendly, and progressive work culture with an emphasis on transparency, innovation, relationship, and empowerment
- Comprehensive Extended Health and Dental plan, tailored toward Associate wellness
- Recognition and Engagement Events
- And more!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Receive repair orders from dispatch tower/Service Advisor and perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts. Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Advise Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Inform dispatcher when the job is started, finished, or interrupted. Be particularly attentive to repair orders on vehicles marked "RUSH" or "CUSTOMER WAITING".
- Complete and maintain documentation of work performed.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Supervise the work of any apprentice technicians as assigned to you by management.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes. Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers' cars are kept clean.
- Keep the shop area neat, clean, and free of safety hazards.
- Comply with Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations, such as those governing the disposal ofhazardous wastes
- Assist in creating quotes for additional work required.
- Keep up to date on online training as required
- Follow company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents to aManager/Supervisor.
- This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be a fully licensed Technician.
- Working knowledge of automotive equipment
- Possess strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills in order to maintain optimal customer satisfaction.
- A highly self-motivated and organized individual.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively work with other members of the Service Department team.
- Must be committed to consistently delivering high-quality work.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- A valid Canadian driver's license, and the ability to provide drivers abstract for review.
Internal Candidates MUST apply by filling out the Internal Endorsement Form on the Intranet. Failure to complete the form will cause a delay in your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals.
JOIN US AND GROW WITH US!
We thank all those that have applied. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Maintenance and Technicians