Licensed Security Officers
Reference ID: 283591
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security is one of the largest and fastest growing companies in the security industry, with a reputation for being an employer of choice. We have been selected as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in Canada based on employee reviews. We continue to lead the way in the Security Industry by providing our employees with extensive paid training, comprehensive benefits, rewards and recognition, and career growth opportunities.
We are currently hiring licensed Security Officers in the Victoria area. There are a variety of sites available, including shopping centres, tourism, office/concierge, mobile patrols and events. Shifts are flexible and include days, afternoons, nights and weekends.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Patrol client property on foot.
- Follow and enforce rules, regulations and policies of the site.
- Control access to property and remove trespassers from sites.
- Watch for and report irregularities including security breaches, safety hazards and emergencies, and contact appropriate personnel and emergency responders.
- Provide exceptional customer service and respond to inquiries from the public.
- Utilize radios, handheld devices and computer applications to communicate site activity.
- Write comprehensive reports to be viewed by managers and clients.
- Other miscellaneous duties as required.
- BC Security Worker License.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills.
- Discretion when handling confidential and private information.
- Ability to pass a security clearance.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and walk up to 15km in a shift.
- Available to work overnight (graveyard) shifts.
- Must be at least 19 years of age and have a high school diploma.
- First Aid training is considered an asset.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma
Certification Requirements (All)
Valid Security Licence
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Security Programs Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Posted: January 17, 2018
Closes:March 3, 2018