Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Licensed Practical Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at University Hospital of Northern BC (UHNBC).
Under the direction of the Unit/Program Manager or designate and in collaboration as a member of a multidisciplinary team, performs assessments, plans and provides personal care, and performs nursing procedures. The LPN functions in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives and according to agency operating policies and standards and unit specific protocols.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00, rotatingUniversity Hospital of Northern BC (UHNBC)
is the largest acute care facility (268 beds) in Northern Health and is the hub for specialized health services. It is a full service hospital and home to a new cancer centre for Northern BC, including a wide range of cancer treatments. Provides undergraduate physician training through the Northern Medical Program, run by the University of British Columbia and University of Northern British Columbia. UHNBC is also a key clinical education site for nursing and many health sciences students at UNBC, the College of New Caledonia, BCIT and other institutions.Prince George
has a population of 89,490 (2021) local residents and is a service centre for approximately 320,000. Prince George has all of the amenities of a larger city mixed with the charm and friendliness of a smaller town. Check out Prince George for more information on what this community has to offer.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with residents, families, co-workers, members of the multidisciplinary team and the public.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work and implement a plan of care.
• Knowledge and competencies to work at full scope of practice as currently required by the CLPNBC including administering medications.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Health Care Other