Under the direction of the Terrace Community Mental Health and Addictions Services Team Leader (nurse) or designate and working with members of a multi-disciplinary team, the LPN will provide direct services to individuals living with serious and persistent mental illnesses, addictions issues or dual diagnosis. The LPN is knowledgeable of and practices in accordance with the standards of practice as outlined by the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) and established organizational policies and procedures. The LPN is expected to engage the individual and family as people with full competence and as full collaborators in service planning, delivery, and evaluation. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing LPN registrant.
- Travel may be required, and may be required to use own vehicle on NH business
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with clients, families, co-workers, members of the multidisciplinary team and the public.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work and implement a plan of care.
- Knowledge and competencies to work at full scope of practice as currently required by the CLPNBC including administering medications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
View Terrace Community