Under the direction of the Unit/Program Manager or designate and in collaboration as a member of a multidisciplinary team, performs assessments, plans and provides personal care, and performs nursing procedures. The LPN functions in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia and according to agency operating policies and standards and unit specific protocols.
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing LPN registrant.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with residents, families, co-workers, members of the multidisciplinary team and the public.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work and implement a plan of care.
- Knowledge and competencies to work at full scope of practice as currently required by the BCCNP including administering medications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.