Under the direction of the Residential & Recovery Team Leader (nurse) or designate, the LPN uses a PSR approach in contributing to the assessment, development, and implementation of care plans and evaluation of client centered care for Adults with Mental Illness and other co-occurring disorders within Seven Sisters and Birchwood Place. The LPN is knowledgeable of and practices in accordance with the standards of practice as outlined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and established organizational policies and procedures. The LPN is expected to engage the individual and family as people with full competence and as full collaborators in service planning, delivery, and evaluation. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant.
- The following courses are a must: completion of a Pharmacology course, Head to toe Assessment, Taking and Transcribing Doctor's Orders, IV Therapy.
- All other courses deemed necessary to keep LPN licensure current in accordance to the BCCNP.
- Knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation practice.
- Knowledge of psychiatric medication and side-effects.
- Class V BC Drivers License. Use of own vehicle is required for travel.
- Certificates in CPR and First Aid.
- Three years recent experience working in the mental health field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to work with individuals with mental health issues.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Computer Skills.
View Terrace Community