**This position qualified for the Relocation Incentive**
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Licensed Practical Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Kitimat General Hospital.
Under the direction of the Unit/Program Manager or designate and in collaboration as a member of a multidisciplinary team, performs assessments, plans and provides personal care, and performs nursing procedures. The LPN functions in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives and according to agency operating policies and standards and unit specific protocols. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 Kitimat General Hospital
is a 19 acute bed hospital with a full range of services. Some services provided are emergency, laboratory, diagnostic imaging, outpatient chemotherapy clinic, physiotherapy, diabetes and chronic disease management. Regular rotation of visiting specialists in internal medicine, urology, otorhinolaryngology (ENT), dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, and radiology. Kitimat
has a population of 8,131 (2020) local residents. Kitimat offers excellent fishing, endless trails, and backcountry. People come to Kitimat to enjoy more of the things you love. Check out Kitimat where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant. Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with residents, families, co-workers, members of the multidisciplinary team and the public.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work and implement a plan of care.
• Knowledge and competencies to work at full scope of practice as currently required by the CLPNBC including administering medications.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.