Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) / New Grad
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services
Oliver, BC As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021. What you'll do
What you bring
- Establish therapeutic relationships with clients. Assess and identify client's actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, social-cultural and spiritual needs. Provide emotional support as needed.
- Contribute to the development and modification of individualized care plans by identifying client priorities/plans and suggests revisions of the nursing care plan as required for stable clients.
- Perform a variety of nursing procedures such as taking blood pressures, heights and weights, and urine testing as directed; and communicates patient information to in-charge nurses (RN/RPN), physicians, and other appropriate members of the team.
- Monitor status of client's in relation to anticipated outcomes. Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing interventions by comparing actual outcomes to anticipated outcomes. Report unanticipated changes and concerns to the nurse-in-charge.
- Maintain complete and accurate computerized and paper records through methods such as tracking results /consults documentation, and inputting data and documentation in accordance with established procedures and policies appropriately on the client's health record.
What we bring
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses plus 1 year of experience working with offenders and/or in secure health care settings, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Occupational First Aid Level 2 certification (OFA Level 3 certification for positions at the Ford Mountain Correctional Centre)
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time until November 16 2022 (1.00 FTE).
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $28.43 to $32.98.
Location: 200 Enterprise Way, Oliver, BC V0H 1T2
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: 0500-1615; 1145-2300; Rotating.
Requisition # 126448 What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
BCMHSUS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCMHSUS are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 8, 2022
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.