Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) / New Grad Okanagan Correctional Centre (OCC), Correctional Health Services, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services Oliver, BC A s per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Multiple Casual Opportunities Available! What you'll do
What you bring
- Work collaboratively with the interprofessional team to provide health care services to patients (inmates) with physical and/or mental health, substance dependence, concurrent disorder, and chronic disease.
- Identify and monitor inmates' actual and potential strengths and limitations including psychosocial, physiological, psychological, social-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care within an interprofessional clinical framework in accordance with Standards of Practice for the Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia and consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the Provincial Health Services Authority and BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services as well as with established protocols.
Click on the link HERE to see what it's like to work at Correctional Health Services!! Click HERE for a New Grad's perspective of working at Correctional Health Services! What we bring
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses plus 1 year of experience working with offenders and/or in secure health care settings, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Occupational First Aid Level 2 certification (OFA Level 3 certification for positions at the Ford Mountain Correctional Centre)
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Casual Opportunities Available $28.43 to $32.98 per hour Okanagan Correctional Centre - 200 Enterprise Way, Oliver, BC V0H 1T2 What we do
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
BCMHSUS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCMHSUS are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.