Licensed Practical Nurse BC Cancer, Prince George, $28.43 to $32.98 per hour
You're on a professional mission to reduce the burden of cancer in your community, and with great hope, across the globe. A person-centred nursing professional, you remain steadfast in your efforts to support all individuals who are undergoing cancer care, along with their families and friends. Working with a team of health care colleagues who share your values of compassionate care and excellence through innovation makes all the difference in your work days, as you share the highs and lows with support, kindness, and excellence in care. What you'll do
What you bring
- Provide nursing care during procedures such as catheterizations and sterile dressings: apply and change sterile or non-sterile dressings, colostomy care and irrigation, take/record blood pressure and/or rectal temperature, administer suppositories and enemas, take temperatures, pulse and/or respiration. Record observations and report problems and/or changes to designated staff.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living by providing personal care including assisting with toilet needs, providing comfort measures such as positioning and assisting with meals/snacks including serving and collecting meal trays and feeding patients.
- Support patients visiting for examination: provide comfort measures and physical assistance including escorting to the examining room, measure weight, and assist with changing into gowns as required.
- Communicate patient-related information to health team members through documentation in the patient's chart and the provision of written and/or oral reports.
- Assist with physical examinations: handle and receive instruments and supplies, receive and prepare specimens through methods such as levelling, attach completed requisitions and place in receptacles and/or deliver to the laboratory.
- Maintain patient examining rooms: check and lay out clean instruments, stock rooms with required supplies, clean and make up room between patients, and collect used instruments and send to central processing for sterilization.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties to support patient care: organize appointment lists, films and reports for clinic and ensure charts are returned for order processing after examination, answer telephones, complete filing and typing using a variety of software packages.
Need more information? Contact Gurdeep Gill, Talent Acquisition Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Relocation Assistance may be available!
Watch this video to learn about being a nurse at BC Cancer What's in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Regular Full Time $28.43 to $32.98 per hour
- Comprehensive BC Cancer nursing orientation program.
- Find work-life balance with Monday-Friday, daytime shifts (with occasional Saturdays).
- Help us maintain the highest patient survival rate in Canada.
- Use state-of-the-art technology and the latest, evidence-based treatments.
- Be a respected member of Canada's collaborative leading oncology clinical teams.
- Grow your career through continuing education, ongoing professional development, and certification programs.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
1215 Lethbridge Street, Prince George
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Monday to Friday: 0730 - 1530, 0800 - 1600, 0830 - 1630, or as operations require.
Req# 104884 What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired
, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.