Our client is looking for experienced Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to support residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia. Current opportunities include Prince George, Nelson, Penticton, Ladysmith, and Duncan. Part-time, full-time and casual vacancies.
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures.
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Supports emergency staff scheduling, as required.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
- Graduation from a recognized Practical Nurses program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNP.
- Maintains a Valid First Aid and CPR “C” Certificate.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status (may be a Level 2 depending on site).
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
- 1-2 years’ experience in a complex care site is preferred.
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and host an annual Holiday party.
Please apply with the form below or send your resume with the subject line “Licensed Practical Nurse” to firstname.lastname@example.org