Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) / New Grad Kamloops Regional Correctional Centre (KRCC), Correctional Health Services, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services Kamloops BC A s per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021. What you'll do
What you bring
- Work collaboratively with the interprofessional team to provide health care services to patients (inmates) with physical and/or mental health, substance dependence, concurrent disorder, and chronic disease.
- Identify and monitor inmates' actual and potential strengths and limitations including psychosocial, physiological, psychological, social-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care within an interprofessional clinical framework in accordance with Standards of Practice for the Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia and consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the Provincial Health Services Authority and BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services as well as with established protocols.
Click on the link HERE to see what it's like to work at Correctional Health Services! Click HERE for a New Grad's perspective of working at Correctional Health Services! What we bring
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses plus 1 year of experience working with offenders and/or in secure health care settings, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Occupational First Aid Level 2 certification (OFA Level 3 certification for positions at the Ford Mountain Correctional Centre)
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Temporary Part-Time (until August 13, 2022 - 0.73 FTE) Wage
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
: $28.43 to $32.98 per hour Location: 2250 W Trans Canada Hwy, Kamloops, B.C V2C 5M9 Hours of work: Rotating 0530-1600; 1230-23:30 Requisition Number: 116550 What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
BCMHSUS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCMHSUS are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of October 31, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.